Monday, September 7, 2015

Seven Deadly Sins By: Robin Wasserman

Seven Deadly Sins (Volume 1: Lust, Envy)
Author: Robin Wasserman
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Published: May 2013
Format: Paperback
Pages: 592
Rating: 5/5
Summary:
let the sinning begin. The first two volumes in a scandalous series are now available in one book. Adam and Beth are the golden couple of Haven High. He's the all-american jock, she's the blonde perfection, and everyone loves them. Well, almost everyone. Harper has had her eyes on Adam for ages, and Kane wants to get his hands on Beth...but neither can figure out how to make their desires reality.

So they team up with the new girl Kaia. She's hot, she's devilish, ad she has the perfect plan to get Harper and Kane exactly what they want. But Kaia wants something, too--and she's willing to do whatever it takes to get it.


When Lust and Envy combine, drama is never far behind...


Review:
Alright! Lets start off with quite a steamy book! I picked this up a couple years ago, and never really remember reading the synopsis. I went into it with a blind eye, and I'm glad that I did! This first volume in the series had so many things going on, and it was just pure entertainment! I mean like I think that this book would actually make a good movie (Especially if they did it exactly as it's in the book!)

At first I didn't really like the fact that the story jumps from one POV to the next without much of a transition or ending of the chapter. Bust as I continued to read, I absolutely love the way Robin wrote it!. She would end one POV with a sentence, which would somehow connect to the other POV but based on something completely different. It was actually very creative and written amazingly! I don't think I've seen a type of writing like this before, and it was a breath of fresh air!!


**On a side note, I just realized she wrote UNFABULOUS (which was turned into a TV show :P)**


When I started reading this book, I noticed a little bit of John Tucker Must Die and Girl next door vibe. Like Harper lives next door to Adam, and she is in love with him since forever. Adam is the guy who could have any girl, is captain of every sports team and tries to keep his rep up, and avoid secrets spilling out, however there's Kane who literally gets EVERY girl he wants, but only really wants one.


When I found out who Kane really likes, I almost spit out my drink! I mean come on it's your best friend's girlfriend you're trying to snatch? How will that ever work for both Harper and Kane?? But Oh yeah, here's the new girl who will help serve what you want on a silver platter, but wanting something in return!


I did get a lot of foreshadowing in the beginning of the novel (He's such a player, who would want him?; I would never get involved with her-nothing is going on! etc.) There were definitely a lot of triangles, crossroads, paths tangled up, that sometimes you'd think that someone would figure it all out! 

(check out my Instagram page to see the diagram I drew up!)

I also get the sense that Kaia has something nasty up her sleeve, and doesn't care who gets caught in the crossfire; just something to keep her entertained in this little town.


At the beginning, I was thinking that Harper really needed to keep her mouth shut when it came to people telling her secrets, but then clued in that it would work to her benefit (or so I assumed) but sometimes everyone really needed to think about what they were going to say before they said anything! That's how things come out, and everyone gets screwed over.


When it came to Mr. Powell, I could tell that something was going to happen with a certain blonde, yet someone else had her eyes set dead on him, and wouldn't let go. For some reason though, I get a sketch vibe from him, and feel like he has possibly done this before, and got caught or something...he just doesn't seem right to me. 


I couldn't grasp why or how they could possibly destroy a friendship/relationship with someone to try to be with someone else? Some how in the next two books things will start to unravel. Also when it came to Kane and Harper showing emotions, it was a little tricky to see if it was a REAL emotion coming from the true person within, or if they're just playing a game the entire time.


Overall I really enjoyed the book, and everything that happened in it. The ending was such a cliffhanger, and I'm glad that there is more in store for these students of Haven High. There were a couple parts that were a little slow, but overall a great read. Lots of drama, backstabbing and lies, it was hard not to get so involved in it.



As always, thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy my little rants/discussions! If you have anything to tell me or questions, leave a comment below!

Until then, Keep Reading!
Your Graduated Bookworm! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top