Thursday, November 5, 2015

October Book Haul!!

It's that time of the month again...and by that I 100% mean BOOK HAUL!!! :D haha! Okay so I know I should have done two parts for this book haul, but I've already taken too long to post this stack of a haul. I have been extremely lucky to receive some from authors and Harper Collins Canada, so I cannot wait for you all to see what I picked up this month. A total of 15 books....FIFTEEN guys! I can't believe it! Alright, let's do this!



Future Perfect By: Jen Larsen
I got this cute looking novel from Harper Collins Canada for the month of October. I was so fortunate enough to become a reviewer for them, and I immediately found this novel one I really wanted to read!

This book is about a girl who is completely comfortable in her own skin, even when others (meaning her family) are not. She is given a choice: Lose the weight and Grammy will pay for school. Well who wouldn't pass up a free ride to college right?! Wrong! Sounds like a great read, and I cannot wait to get into this read!

The Rest of Us Just Live Here By: Patrick Ness
Another read I received from Harper in the mail, and I have heard nothing but great reviews for this. I have not read any of Patrick Ness' books yet, but I'm excited to read this one!

This is about a boy who just wants to get through the rest of high school without any problems, as well as confess his love to a girl...oh yeah and someone just so happens to blow up the school... Crazy right?!


Speak By: Laurie Halse Anderson
I read this book in my freshman year of high school. Looking on my Goodreads account, I gave it a 3 star rating. It's been a while since I read it, and I plan to re-read it again (and maybe the rating may change now)

This is about a girl who had been a normal girl up until the summer of her freshman year in high school as well. Something terrible happened, and she is now blamed for calling the cops at a party.
 Stolen By: Lucy Christopher
So this was a book that I've thought about a few times after watching Booktuber Read By Zoe. She has talked about this novel a few times, and it's honestly intrigued me so much, that I just had to get it.

This is about a girl who gets kidnapped in an airport and taken to Australia. This then turns into a terrifying kidnapping to some sort of love. Gemma (the narrator) writes letters to Ty (her kidnapper) in vivid details about being stuck in Australia.
 Me Before You (Me Before You #1) By: Jojo Moyes
I have seen Me Before You EVERYWHERE on Bookstagram, and every one's reviews have been nothing but stellar. So of course I gave into the Peer Pressure and bought this book. I love the font on the front cover too, so it just adds to the appealing factor. This is book one in the series, and it's about a girl who knows a lot of things, and one is that she does not love her boyfriend. In comes a new male lead, who is not really living life after an accident. Obviously there's an attraction (and I hear heart wrenching love, and ugly crying--thanks bookstagrammers!)
 The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike #1) By: Robert Galbraith
So I have contemplated on buying this book for a long long time. It doesn't really sound like anything that I would read, but I also want to venture out of what I'm normally into. As I went to put it back for the ten millionth time, an employee at Chapters told me that J.K Rowling wrote this book, and I legit said "No she didn't!" I was completely taken back (and I can already tell that my Friend Emily is shaking her head at me as I say this!) I don't know a whole lot about this, but I do know that it does have to do with Supermodels and suicide, as well as what lies beneath.
The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B  By: Teresa Toten
So this novel caught me as I was leaving the bookstore, and I of course had to take a look...obviously... ;)

This is about a boy named Adam who meets a girl named Robyn in a support group for OCD. Now of course he is attracted to her, and will jump in front of a bus for her...but when you're only fourteen, there are a lot of challenges that can get in the way.

I also found out that my copy was signed by the author herself!! :D
 Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes #1) By: Sara Raasch
Another insanely beautiful cover that I have seen everywhere, and have heard great things about.

This novel is about a sixteen year old who has been an orphan all her life. She now has found some secret things about her kingdom, while she trains to be a warrior. Love interest added, and I'll say this may be an amazing new read!

 Little White Lies By: Katie Dale
It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I entered a giveaway for this novel on Goodreads. I didn't win, but that clearly didn't stop me from getting my hands on this novel!

This is about two people who have their own secrets, and both wanting to forget the past. Unfortunately as they say, the past always has a chance to creep up from behind you. Can they survive the wave of lies that are to come?
 I'll Give You The Sun By: Jandy Nelson
Another great read (so I've heard) floating around the interweb! I am so happy that I got the paperback version, because it looks SO BEAUTIFUL! The simplicity of it, just makes it so much more powerful.

I'll Give You The Sun is about two fraternal twins who were inseparable for most of their life. Until something dramatic that happens, that has caused the two to barely speak to one another. To be honest, I didn't read all of the synopsis, because I really like to be surprised at what I'm reading, so I'm very excited to read this!
 Follow Me Back (Twisted Love #2) By: A. Meredith Walters
So I'm currently reading another series by this amazing author, and I immediately bought this series. I was waiting to get them, but after I finished Find You In the Dark, I just had to grab the second novel of Twisted Love.

I don't want to spoil the novel by discussing what happens in this one, but I have a feeling that it's going to be another incredible read!
 Loving Dallas (Neon Dreams #2) By: Caisey Quinn
Okay, so I haven't actually read the first novel by Caisey Quinn, but I know that her third novel in this series is out, and I can't wait to get it and just binge read the entire series.

So this novel has to do with Dallas and Mandy. It's a NA romance, and I am not going to say more, because I'll just spoil it! But I also just really love both covers of this series!
All That Glitters (Geek Girl #4) By: Holly Smale
Those glasses though! CUTE!

This series has been on my to read and to buy list for a while, and I am finally up to date, although I just saw she has a side novel for Christmas that will be out, and I'm so excited to read!

This is the fourth installment of the series, where Harriet deals with the new school year, and possibly falling in love!

 Nashville (Nashville #1-4) By: Inglath Cooper
I received this paperback signed by the author herself from a giveaway I won on Instagram. Not going to lie, I am in love with this cover, and the story sound great. I really hope that Inglath makes the rest of her books in a bind up on paperback as well!

Nashville is about a nineteen year old girl named Cece who wants to make her career dream come true. So where to go first to start your musical career? Nashville! There she meets Gertrude and Hank Junior. Sounds like a great adventure, and I am so happy to be reading this soon!


Life and Death: Twilight Re-imagined (Twilight #5) By: Stephanie Meyer
Totally grabbed this new release on a whim. I know there are a lot of fans of the series, and I will admit that I was not as in love with it all as most people would be. Don't get me wrong the series was very interesting, but I was not completely in love with they way some of the characters were.

So I grabbed this, 1) because my first copy of Twilight got damaged by an exploding Gatorade bottle, and 2) I figured getting the re-imagined novel may change my mind a little bit onto the series.





And here we have it for my October Book Haul. Definitely a lot of books I have this month all in one post, but that's what we bookworms do right?! I hope you enjoyed checking out my new reads, and I really hope that I can actually get to reading these soon.

So until the next haul! Keep Reading!
Your Graduated Bookworm! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top