Sunday, August 7, 2016

Only Fools Jump By: K.P. Haigh

Only Fools Jump
Author: K.P. Haigh
Publisher: K.P Haigh Publishing
Published: July 2016
Format: E-Book
Pages: 269
Rating: 4/5
Summary:
Only fools jump...and Zoey Porter is no fool. At least not anymore. One tiny mistake when she was eighteen led to two very real consequences—the kind that keep you up all night and demand breakfast in the morning. 

The only thing Zoey has time for these days is dry shampoo, energy bars, and that magical photo filter that erases the circles under her eyes. 

So when Elliott MacCallister knocks on the door like a #nofilternecessary god, Zoey knows she’s in serious trouble. 

With Elliott as the newly-minted resident of her boss’s pool house, keeping her distance is easier said than done. 

Time to stock up on wine, cookies, and a portable fan. This summer just got complicated.


Only Fools Jump is like cotton candy for your soul—light and sweet. It’s a full length, standalone romantic comedy. It’ll be impossible to stop smiling after you devour this perfect summer read. 


Recommended for 18+ due to language and some sexual content.



Review:
Alright! So let me begin by saying thank you to K.P. Haigh for sending me a copy of your novel for review! I did receive an ARC (Advanced Readers Copy) of this, but I was having a huge reading slump, and wasn't able to finish it until now...

Honestly speaking, I did have a mix of what I thought of this book. After thinking about it for a while, I came to my rating, based on a few things, which I will further explain.

There is definitely no room for bacon when it comes to this novel. Yes, you heard that right. I said bacon! Definitely a great start to this novel, coming out strong! I loved how short the chapters were, as it didn't leave me dreading a long chapter at night before going to sleep. I found that each chapter left a little cliffhanger, wanting me to read more, but didn't leave me wondering what happened, for when the next time I picked it up.

Bring on the romance! Something that kind of bothered me a little, was the fact that Zoey and Elliot tended to have this connection, but it took SO LONG for anything remotely close to happening. Like even hand holding type of connection to happen! I know this sounds pretty hypocritical of me right now to say that I really wanted the romance to speed up a little more at the beginning (because I generally hate Insta-fast romances-some of the time) because girl! Zoe needed some of that bacon in her life, let me tell ya!


masterchef  love sexy masterchef hottie

Okay, okay, moving on! I would say that for most of the story, you really get the aspect of Zoey's life and how she is dealing with all of the things she seems to be juggling at the moment. I can't say much exactly, as it would spoil the entire novel, but let's just say that her family situation is not odd, but also not the MOST common. The amount of love she posses for everyone is just something extraordinary! She keeps to herself, but ensures that everyone is well kept, and that she is the last one that would get anything in return.

Moving on, I do have to say that I found this to be super funny, with one-liners and comments from certain characters, you wouldn't see coming. A lot of the novel was current based on pop culture and social media, which I loved! 

Hello Elliot!! WOAH! Straight from the beginning, you get the sense that he is not your typical guy, and all I can say is where is my Jake Ryan?? You can tell that Elliot had his own issues in the novel, but when these two got within close distances from one another, I found myself basically yelling (well mentally yelling) that they needed to SHIP like yesterday! Throughout the novel, you do get more of a sense of his side, and how he deals with his own life. You really see how amazingly true and loving he is for everyone, including his horrific sister...


molly ringwald sixteen candles michael schoeffling jake ryan samantha baker

So here are some quotes that really caught my attention throughout the novel:


"He's the life preserver that's been tossed in my direction, and I'm not going to keep treading water without it."

"Show that you can heal if you get your heart broken."

"Little does he know, I'm no damsel in distress."



Alright, so let me say that when things started picking up, I totally couldn't believe some of the little bumps in the road. Brandon and Cassie totally knew the deal, and I was definitely on their side! I felt like they should have ended up a couple, although I'm not sure about the age difference... And Zoey's mom! I tell ya, you can never pass a mother's intuition at all! They know what's happening, and truth be told...they know really what should be going on!

shocked carrie underwood cant wait idol finale

Also wowza romance! K.P. Haigh was right with the 18+ notice, because things got steamy! There were definitely a couple scenes where I was wondering if they were going to get caught, or what would end up happening! I was for sure on the edge of my seat at some moments, just believing that the shoe was going to drop....which I mean, it did. A couple times...!



Overall, I really did enjoy this novel! I found it to be super cute and definitely comedic! I wouldn't say that it was a fluffy read, because it really did talk about serious things, which is why I also gave it a higher rating. I found that the way she wrote certain scenes, were almost as if I were thinking them, or someone else in the same predicament was thinking it! I think the reason why I just couldn't finish it sooner was because of my slump, and the fact that I found some parts to be a little slow. However, I would definitely recommend reading this book to anyone who wants a light-hearted contemporary!

That's all for my review bookworms! I hope you enjoyed it, and definitely go check it out!

So until the next time, Keep Reading!
Your Graduated Bookworm!! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top