Saturday, October 29, 2016

October Book Haul PART 1

Welcome Back Bookworms!! Every time I come back to do a book haul, I feel like I'm just hoarding books at this point, as I seem to never have enough time to actually read them all!! I've decided to split this month as well into two parts. I don't think you really want to be sitting around reading oh about 30 books...So with that being said, we should probably get on with that!



Something in Between By: Melissa de la Cruz
I recently went to a book signing where Melissa was at, and I was super excited to be getting this book, as well as getting it signed!! I don't know about you, but I'm the type of person who will literally collect all or most of the books from an author and not even get to read them due to so many other books needing to read first...that would be what I have with Melissa's books!

This is the story of Jasmine whose done everything expected. Just as she's about to accept a full college scholarship, she finds out that her parent's Visas expired years ago...Now Jasmine is left to try to make sense of the world as she tries to fit in the American Dream.


This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity #1) By: Victoria Schwab
Another novel I finally picked up for a signing! Victoria Schwab was actually ad the signing with Melissa de la Cruz that I went to and they were both so incredibly sweet and kind!

This is a new series that's about Kate Harker and August Flynn.  Kate is a human who is to be as ruthless as her father, letting the monsters roam free. August wants to be human, as good-hearted as his father, but he's one of the monsters...What happens when these two get tangled in their own ways?
Girl Mans Up By: M-E Girard
M-E Girard was at another book signing with a couple other authors as well, and it was such an amazing night!! She's super nice, and listening to her story was so great!

Pen wants to be the kind of girl she's always been. Yet her family and friends...and just society all believe she should be someone else. Respect and Loyalty are empty words to her, and if she really wants to be who she is, she will have to man up.
Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns #1) By: Kendare Blake
I got to meet Kendare along with M-E Girard and Lauren Oliver. Honestly such a great group of authors, and it makes me wanting their books that much more rewarding!!

This is the story of three Sisters (triplets) that are all equal to the crown with their own possessor of magic. In order to become the Queen, they must fight for it until death prevails a winner...the night they turn sixteen.
Four Letter Word and Hit The Spot (Dirty Deeds #1-2) By: J.Daniels 


I received both books from J. Daniels herself for an honest review! I've been wanting to get Four Letter Word even before it was published, so excited would be an understatement!!

Four Letter Word is all about Sydney Paige who unleashed her anger on a perfect stranger instead of her best friends ex. So when the man on the other side of that phone call wants more to do with Sydney, things start to get a little more tangled, hot and secrets are bound to uncover.

In Hit The Spot, Tori Rivera thinks Jamie McCade is rude, arrogant and worst of all, the sexiest man she's ever seen. So of course when one kiss keeps Jaime wanting more (and knowing he gets what he wants) it's only time until the two have their own crash of waves happening...




Rebel Soul (Rebel #1) By: J.C. Hannigan
I got to meet J.C. Hannigan  a while back at a meet and greet at one of my local bookstores! I was so excited to meet her, as I've been following her on Instagram since starting my blog! I've been wanting to read her books also, but of course never got to it! I actually finished reading Rebel Soul already so I'll have a review of it up in the next few days!

Tessa Armstrong has only one summer left before she heads to college with her best friend. Counting down the months, waiting to be free from her overbearing brothers and overprotective father and small town. That is until Brock Miller comes back, flipping her life upside down...

The Futures By: Anna Pitoniak
I received this book for review by Hachette Canada (Thank You!!) and I'm super excited to review it! It doesn't come out until January though, so it'll be a little while!

Julia and Evan fell in love as undergraduates at Yale. So once they've graduated and move in together in New York, secrecy and walls begin building between the two.
A Tragic Kind of Wonderful By: Eric Lindstrom
Another novel I received from Hachette Canada that really caught my eye to read! I think the new year will have a lot of great books for everyone to enjoy!! This also comes out in January!

sixteen-year-old Mel Hannigan has bipolar disorder, making life unpredictable. She's struggling to keep her life a balance with a new love and the instinct to keep everyone else at arm's length. So when she becomes exposed, she fears that her life will begin to crumble, and the wall she's built may start to fall.
Love and First Sight By: Josh Sundquist
Thanks to the lovely people from Hachette Canada, I received another book that will be out in January to review. As you can tell I'm a fan of the romance, so here's another one, but so much more!

sixteen-year-old blind Will porter accidentally gropes a girl on the stairs, sat on another student and drove a classmate to tears. As he tries to find his footing, he begins to develop a crush on a quiet girl. Things rise, and learning to see is becoming difficult for Will...
Frostbloog (Frostblood Saga #1) By: Elly Blake
I swear this is the last book I received from Hachette Canada, but am so thankful for them sending me books to review!! This new series will be out in January, so stay tuned for more!!

Ruby is seventeen and must hide her powers of heat and flame from the ruling class that wants to destroy her. So when her mother is killed for protecting her, rebel frostbloods demand to help her, she agrees. All she wants is revenge, yet she's captured and forced to take part in the King's tournaments all prisoners participate in.
Belzhar By: Meg Wolitzer
I found a copy of this in the bargain section and my local bookstore (aka. my Bae) and I've been meaning to read this, so it was a perfect find!!

This is the story of Jam Gallahue who is stuck in The Wooden Barn, a therapeutic boarding school in Vermont. Her Boyfriend is dead, and discovering a journal from a writing assignment brings back a lot of memories to her, however a lot of hidden truths are coming out as well.
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown By: Holly Black
I also hound a paperback copy of this in the sale section at the bookstore, and Immediately picked it up. I've heard mixed reviews about this, however I've been wanting to get it for the longest time! I kept adding it to my shopping cart online, and always ended up taking it out!

Tana lives in a town where you pass through the gates, you never leave. She wakes up from a party surrounded my corpses. The only survivors are her ex and a mysterious boy with a secret. As she races around the clock to save them both and herself, she must go straight to the heart of Coldtown itself.
Always Emily By: Michaela MacColl
I found a copy of this in the sale section as well, and was really intrigued by the synopsis of this! (By the way if you're wondering +Indigo | Chapters always has books on sale, so if you want to check it out, click the link on my home page to see!)

Emily and Charlotte Bronte are as opposite as two sisters can be. However they both have writing as their common denominator. But before they are published, they need to figure out if a string of burglaries are linked to other cases...before someone gets killed.
Dinner with a Vampire (The Dark Heroine #1) By: Abigail Gibbs
So a while back, I actually found the second book in this series on sale at a store, and was really interested in checking it out! Although this was before I found Goodreads to know that I needed book one first! So finally after about a year, I found book one...and on sale!!

Violet Lee has a chance encounter on a darkened street of lavish parties and beautiful mansions. A place to escape to, but no way to leave. All the riches cannot mask the life of Kaspar Varn. As they surrender to a passion, they come to realize it comes at a price...



That's all for my Part 1 of my Book Haul!! I hope you enjoyed it, and please let me know if there are any of these books you want me to read or review ASAP!

So until the next time, Keep Reading!
Your Graduated Bookworm!! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top