Monday, October 31, 2016

October Book Haul PART 2

Back again so soon? Haha! Honestly I am going to stay away from a bookstore until the end of December if I can try! Clearly I have way too much fun going in and end up with an empty wallet! So here is my second part to my October Haul, literally shopping until the very last day possible!


Everything Everything By: Nicola Yoon 
I've seen and wanted Everything Everything for the longest time! It's such an pretty cover, and has been on my mind FOREVER!

This is a story about a seventeen-year old girl who has a rare disease. Never leaving her house, she notices a moving truck next door and a tall, lean guy named Olly, whom she deems to fall in love with.
The Sun Is Also a Star By: Nicola Yoon
I've seen ARC's of this floating around, and I'll admit that I was a little jealous and totally wanted to read this! However, I've been patient and found it on shelves early, so I snatched a copy and didn't look back!!

Natasha is a girl all about science and facts. Not fate, or destiny. So when she bumps into Daniel in New York City and falls in love, she knows it'll only mean problems...especially when her family is twelve hours away from being deported to Jamaica.
Confused Spice By: Mathis Bailey
I actually went to my local bookstore and saw Mathis Bailey at the front, promoting his book. I honestly love seeing self-published and Indie authors promoting their books at Chapters!

Twenty-nine-year old Pierre dreams of becoming a chef. Moving from Detroit to Toronto with his partner, everything seems perfect...until a secret comes out and throws their relationship for a loop!
Names My Sisters Call Me By: Megan Crane
I found a copy of this in the bargain section at +Indigo | Chapters and I was so intrigued! Something about a sisterly story, with humor and love really makes me want to read more of these books!

Courtney, Norah, and Raine Cassel are totally different as sisters can be. Of course Norah won't forget or forgive Raine for ruining her wedding six years ago. So when Courtney's long time boyfriend proposes, she decides it's time to call a truce between the sisters.
Letting Go (Thatch #1) By: Molly McAdams
I also found this in the sale section at Chapters, and I've been wanting to get a copy of this for a while! I recently saw it on Instagram, and I knew I had to find it!

Grey and Ben fell in love at thirteen and believed they'd be together forever. However when Ben suddenly dies from an unknown heart condition just days before the wedding, things come to a halt and the only one whose there and is able to help is Jagger (their best friend). 
Songs About a Girl (Songs About a Girl #1) By: Chris Russell
I was shopping at the bookstore, trying to pass the time before I had to head over to work, and this cover literally popped out from the shelves shining right in my face! After reading the synopsis, I just had to grab it!

Charlie Bloom never wanted to be with the band, rather than behind the camera, unseen and unnoticed. But when she's asked to take backstage photos for a new hot band, she can't pass up the chance! 
Undone By: Cat Clarke
Another Bargain find! I swear there are SO MANY books that you can find in the sale section, you'll never be hard of finding a good read!

Jem Halliday is in love with her gay best friend. Not ideal, but she's learning to live with it. Then one day Kai is outed online, and he kills himself. Jem knows she can't say anything to bring him back, but she does want to know who was responsible...and take them down. 
Low Expectations By: Elizabeth Aaron
I also found this in the bargain section! It also didn't hurt that they were three books for $10!

Georgie has a glamorous career in fashion, great friends, and enjoying the single life. However after eighteen months, it's time to change the last one...but there are no hot prospects in sight.
Fall from India Place (On Dublin Street #4) By: Samantha Young
I recently took a little road trip to see George Lopez, and ended up shopping at a couple dollar stores nearby (I was looking for Items for my shop, and a notebook) However, they also have a great book selection for only $1.25!! It's a steal I say!

When Hannah and Marco broke up five years ago, the last person they expected to see was each other. But the best part, is Marco knows leaving Hannah was a mistake, and this time around he will prove to her he wants it all...but will she let him?
Torn Away By: Jennifer Brown
Found this beauty in the sale section as well! What can I say? The YA section is pretty large, and they always have great deals! Don't believe me? Click the Indigo Icon on my home page to purchase some sale books!

This is the story of Jersey Cameron whose has the misfortune of a tornado destroying her town. As she struggles to overcome her grief, she is sent to live with a relative she barely knows. Can she discover that some things aren't meant to be destroyed?
Wildflower (Wildflower #1) By: Alecia Whitaker
I swear this is my last bargain book that I purchased! Promise!! This was another add on, when I was just browsing, and I'm glad I found it! I love reading books that have a music feel to them!

Sisxteen-year-old Bird Barrett has always been on the road, singing backup to her family's bluegrass band.One day she fills in as singer for her father, and a scout offers her a spotlight of her own. Bird is caught in a whirlwind of meetings, sessions and video shoots. Is she able to handle the spotlight?
Damaged Goods and Reckless Abandon (The Damaged #1-2) By: J.C. Hannigan

So I got to meet J.C. Hannigan one day at +Indigo | Chapters promoting her books as well! I was super stoked to meet her, and get the chance to finally grab a few copies of her novels! I've already read Rebel Heart which was amazing!

Everly Daniels can't seem to fall out of love with Grayson Dixon. After five years, she's drawn to him like a moth to a flame. He may even be the love of her life, but he isn't making it easy. All those walls he's built up are what make him so reckless and careless.

She's always been the wallflower afraid to participate, but that's all about to change.

Strictly Business and Bad for Business (Strictly Business #1-2) By: Ace Gray
I was contacted by Ace Gray herself to review her books, and I was super excited to get them! Just by looking at the covers, I could tell this was going to be a roller-coaster ride of a book!!


Kate Elliot is 28, successful, and has a couture lifestyle anyone would expect. So when she meets Nicholas Bryant, she's so consumed by desire she doesn't realize he's the new competition. A series of hot and cold meetings, only brings trouble for the two...

Off The Beaten Trail By: Jake Heilbrunn
I was contacted by Jake as well to receive his book for an honest review. Can I first say how amazing it is that he is only Twenty-years-old and has a published book?! WHAAT!! Amazing!

This is his story of a journey through college, life, health, and internal conflicts. He answers raw and honestly to exploring what happens when we take a leap of faith to pursue your dreams. 
Maleficent By: Elizabeth Rudnick
I found a copy of this at Costco actually, and I've been seeing a lot of these around Instagram, and was so happy to have gotten my own!

This is the story of Maleficent, and her life before she became the evil character in the ever popular Sleeping Beauty.
Poor Unfortunate Soul By: Serena Valentino
This was another find from Costco, and I seriously love the look of these books!! When you take off the dust jacket, you see what the characters looked like before they were evil!

This is the story of Ursula and her life/perspective from the story The Little Mermaid.








That's all for my Book Haul of October! I seriously hope I can reduce the amount of books each month! I honestly have no more room for my books!! As always, leave a comment below for any books you think I should read ASAP!

So until the next time, Keep Reading!!
Your Graduated Bookworm!! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top