Tuesday, November 29, 2016

November Book Haul PART 1

You know, I feel like every month I say I'll go on a book buying ban, and then all of a sudden the month has passed and I've accumulated so many damn books than I have room on my shelves for! I do have to say that I did receive a lot of books as well as ones I've purchased, so it's not ENTIRELY my fault...right??



In Ruins (Something More #1) By: Danielle Pearl
I had seen this all over Instagram, and I had been following Danielle Pearl for a while as well, so when her book came out, I was super excited to get a copy!!

This is about Carleigh Stanger in college, finally free from her unhappy home life, until she meets Tucker Green.
No Light Tomorrow By: Christian Laforet and Ben Van Dongen
I recently went to Bookapalooza and got to meet a lot of authors who were promoting their books! I came across two men who were sitting together, both having written a book. I'm all for exploring new genres, so I picked them up!

This is definitely a different type of book that I've picked up that talks about how there is only one you, threats are usually empty and ghosts are not real.
The Space Between Houses By: Christian Laforet
This was the second book from the two authors that I also picked up while at Bookapalooza! It was honestly so much fun seeing all of these authors that I was able to actually talk to and connect with!

There are unexplained noises outside that can wait until morning. There are phone numbers that should never be called. There are places where being rich and famous means a fate worse than death. This novel has ten stories that prove it's always easier to see the light when you're standing in the dark.
Only the Brave Try Ballet By: Stefanie London
So I got to meet Stefanie London during a panel at Bookapalooza, and although she's not originally from Canada, she sure knows her way around novels! I ended up talking to her afterwards and she is so incredibly sweet, I really couldn't get enough of her books and helpful tips on writing!!

Football Pro Grant Farley is nursing an injury and needs to get back in shape. Ballet wouldn't be his first choice, but he's desperate. SO of course when Jasmine Bell walks on through, you're guaranteed to have more than tutu's in a flutter.
Mr. Dangerously Sexy (The Dangerous Bachelors Club #4) By: Stefanie London
I ended up getting two copes of her books, but didn't even realize until recently that this book I got is an ARC! I'll need to get the first three books in the series, even if they can be standalone novels.

So because it's part of a series, I won't read the synopsis of this one, just in case of spoilers!
Alaskan Renegade (Alaska #2) By: Kate Bridges
So I actually received a free copy of this when I was looking around the romance table, and the lovely group of women that were there actually gave me a bag with a free book inside!

This is also the second in a series, but I know that it has to do with a man named Brant MacQuais and Victoria Windhaven in the Alaskan Wilderness...couldn't get any steamier than a cowboy huh?!
Never Been Kissed (Boys of Bishop #2) By: Molly O'Keefe
Along with Stefanie London, Molly was at the Romance panel as well, so it was really cool to have met her! I have been wanting to purchase this book for the LONGEST TIME but always kept putting it back! Finally after seeing her, I wound up picking it up!

This is the story of Ashley whose the daughter of a wealthy politician and has had enough of her parents' expectations. So when she volunteers to work at a refugee camp in Africa, she never imagined getting abducted by Somali Pirates. Along comes Brody Baxter who just so happens to be the bodyguard of Ashley's family for years...
Writing New Adult Fiction By: Deborah Halverson
So many of you by now probably know I love to write, and actually participated in NaNo WriMo this month (which I'm super proud of!)so it was only natural that I picked up yet another book!

This one however, is all about getting in the New Adult market, because that has become a larger section for people to enjoy reading (especially myself)
Masterclass: Writing Romantic Fiction Teach Yourself By: Barbara Samuel
So I actually own a few of these Teach Yourself novels (kind of like a book "for dummies" type of series) that really dives into the specifics to what you want to write!

This one of course is about writing romance, and although I own a few, I'm always exited to read more!

Essential Readings & Study Guide By: K.V. Dominic
So I received this for an honest review, and I'm kind of excited to read it! I've never actually read a book of poetry and I'm sure you're all thinking "But how?!!" yeah I question myself that sometimes too!

This is a group of three most important work of poetry that all deal with social issues, spiritual, political, etc.






Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay By: J.K. Rowling
So I know you're all thinking how I managed to get a copy of this, when I haven't even read Harry Potter to begin with...like I said before, so many questions I think to myself all the time! The amazing people over at +Scholastic Canada sent me a copy of this book to read and review, and I will admit, I'm still pretty excited!!

So along with the Fantastic Beasts screenplay, I also received many other cool books related, like the Poster Book below, A Fashion Sketchbook, Character Guide, and A Colouring & Creativity Book.

So it was pretty amazing to be surprised like that with all of these books!! Scholastic Canada has a great batch of books that are out or coming out, and if you're someone looking for a middle grade book for someone, I'll hopefully be doing some reviews in the new year!






Boyfriend By Christmas By: Jenny Stallard
So last year around this time, I had picked up this book wanting to get it for a good holiday read. However I seemed to be putting it back more times than I can remember, so this year I decided to actually pick it up and buy it!

Genie Havisham has been set her toughest deadline, considering she is a single journalist for the dating section in a major lifestyle website. She is bound to get a boyfriend by Christmas, and while she sets out, she will also be writing about the experiences!
Gabe By: M. Tasia
So while at Bookapalooza, I actually had run into the author there, and she was promoting this book. She said it was donation only, but I opted to pay what the other books were priced at. Although this is one of my very few LGBT novel, it sounds interesting!

Gabe is a fifth generation firefighter whose unable to move past his betrayal of two years prior. But when Graphic designer Johnny relocates to his town, things are bound to get a little smokey...
All the Ugly and Wonderful Things By: Bryn Greenwood
So I was contacted by the lovely people over at Novel Editions to receive their November Book box subscription, and this happened to be the chosen book!

As the daughter of a meth dealer, Wavy knows not to trust anyone. But when she's struggling to raise her little brother she ends up finding peace in the starry Midwestern night sky behind their home. But one night is all it takes to change their life. 
Mr. Sportsball By: K.P. Haigh
So a while back K.P. Haigh contacted me to review her very first novel being published, and I was ecstatic because it was truly a very entertaining novel! And I don't just mean the hot men... But she contacted me again to review her second book and excited would be an understatement!

Montgomery Bell craves adventure, but when you live thirty minutes away from where you grew up, the town is only interested in one thing...Football. She doesn't even know the first thing about the sport, until Baron Richards comes into the picture.
The Memory Book By: Lara Avery
I've been wanting to get a copy of this ever since my bestie @floralsndragons told me about it! It really seems like an awesome book, but I just could never will myself to get the hardcopy (I'm a fan of paperbacks) but I decided to just go and get it!

Sammie was always a girl with a plan. Graduate, get a job and get away from her small town quick. But even though she is willing to stay far away, her rare genetic disorder may think otherwise. Especially when it starts stealing her memories.


Once Upon Now By: Danielle Banas, J.M Butler, Ali Novak Etc.
I found this beautiful copy on shelves a while back, and I was so captured by the title and font, I just immediately picked it up. Little did I know until after I bought it (silly me) that it is a collection of Wattpad stories, which I LOVE!! I hope that maybe mine will end up there one day!

This is a collection of modern takes with a fantastical twist, from some of the most beloved writers on Wattpad. 
The Hate U Give By: Angie Thomas
I received an ARC copy of this from the lovely people over at +HarperCollinsCanada for review, and I'm pretty pumped about it!!

Inspired by Black Lives Matter movement, Sixteen-year-old Starr Carter moves between two worlds: the poor neighbourhood she lives and the fancy prep school she attends. But when a death of her best friend occurs in the hands of a police officer, things begin to get mixed up.
The Best Kind of People By: Zoe Whittall
I received a copy of this from +Indigo | Chapters for their book of the month and I'm kind of excited to read it!

George Woodbury is a teacher who is arrested for sexual impropriety at a prep school. While he is fighting for freedom, his family begins to think that maybe he is actually at fault. 
Milk and Honey By: Rupi Kaur
Another book I received from +Indigo | Chapters and I've been wanting to get a copy of this for the longest time! I kept picking and putting back every time I went into the store! I heard great things but was so unsure!

Milk and Honey is a collection of poetry and prose about survival. It's about violence, abuse, love, loss and femininity.







And that is all for my First Part Book Haul! I hope you liked the new titles I've added, and if there's anything you want me to review ASAP, please feel free to leave a comment!!

So until the next time, Keep Reading!
Your Graduated Bookworm!! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top