Wednesday, November 30, 2016

November Book Haul PART 2





Welcome Back Bookworms to yet another Book Haul and another Part 2 because I clearly didn't learn my lesson the past few months on getting books! I will say that a lot of the books this month I totally didn't even purchase, but received from Publishers and authors, so thank you to everyone whose sent me a book!!



Everland (Everland #1) By: Wendy Spinale
I received a copy of this from the lovely people at +Scholastic Canada and even though it's geared towards middle school, I found the cover to be so enticing!!

London has been destroyed in a blitz of bombs and disease. The only ones who have survived are children. And Gwen Darling is going to take her younger siblings to safety away from the German Army. But when she's unsure of the virus, there are many obstacles she will face.


The Dogs By: Allan Stratton
Another read I received from Scholastic. I will be honest I didn't actually request any of the books from them except one but I am so incredibly thankful, as many of these will be beneficial to my students in the classroom.

Cameron and his mom have been on the run for five years. His father is hunting them, and when they've been in an isolate farmhouse, Cameron starts to see and hear things that aren't possible. He may even be questioning his sanity. 
Ghosts By: Raina Telgemeier
Thanks again to Scholastic for this novel! I actually was kind of excited to get this, because I know how many children are in love with these types of books!

Catrina and her family are moving to the coast of Northern California because her little sister Maya is sick. Cat isn't happy, but the sickness Maya has will benefit from the cool, salty air that blows in from the sea. But here's the secret. There are ghosts in Bahia de la Luna.
Delirium (Delirium #1-3) By: Lauren Oliver
So a while back I actually got to meet Lauren Oliver and get her newest book signed, and it was truly amazing! I realized afterward that I didn't even own her series, yet I owned the other books of hers! So I of course took up the current offer +Indigo | Chapters was having, and the fact that Lauren Oliver signed all the books in the store!! #winning


So I don't really know much about the series, but I have heard mixed reviews. This is about an alternate United States where love is declared a dangerous disease and the government forces everyone who reaches eighteen to have a procedure called the Cure.

Lena Haloway is very much looking forward to being cured and living a safe and predictable life, after seeing her mother become destroyed. But with ninety-five days left, she meets Alex. A boy from the Wilds who lives under the governments radar. So will they fall in love?? 

Hard Rhythm (Secrets of a Rock Star #3) By: Cecilia Tan
I received this book (along with others) from the amazing people over at +Indigo | Chapters  and I'm so intreguied by this series, I really want to go out and get the first two in the series!!

There's nothing written about this book, other than that it's the third in the series, because it doesn't come out until next year!
Hot Cocoa Hearts (Wish #3) By: Suzanne Nelson
I received this copy from Scholastic Canada for an honest review, and I think that this cover is just so cute!! Definitely a feel good kind of book!

Emery Mason hates the holidays. She's over the tinsel, secret Santa's and excessive cheer. But when she meets Alejandro Perez, who works at the mall, is totally in love with the Holiday spirit and just...maybe...is interested in Emery??
Hometown Cowboy (Rocky Mountain Riders #1) By: Sara Richardson
I received this copy from Indigo as well, and I mean it looks like the start to a pretty great series!

Jessa Mae Love is done with relationships. Even if the most tempting man Lance Cortez whose outrageously handsome and a cowboy... What could possibly go wrong when these two wind up together in a small town? 
The Cottage at Firefly Lake By: Jen Gilroy
Another copy from Chapters Indigo which will be out in the new year! If you haven't guessed by now, Indigo sent me a lot of romance books, and I couldn't be happier! Thank you so much!!

Charlotte Gibbs wants to put her past behind her for good. However, now that she's back in Firefly Lake, a flood of memories come creeping back. And when Sean Carmichael wonders why Charlie disappeared all those years ago, he is trying his best to keep her in this town for good.
Absolute Trust (True Hero #3) By: Piper J. Drake
Another gorgeous copy from Indigo (I know right?!) and although it's the third in the series, I believe I can get away without reading the first two before this one, although I may just get then anyhow!

Brandon Forte returns to his hometown on a personal mission. Although he's going through the motions, Sophie Kim begins to come through and possibly back into his life.
Too Wild to Tame (Romancing the Clarksons #2) By: Tessa Bailey
Thank you Indigo again for this novel. This paperback ARC will become available in the new year, but I'm pretty sure you can get it already.

Aaron Clarkson is the perfect gentleman by day. But at night, he's no gentleman at all. Mixing business with pleasure got him fired last time so he needs to stay focused this time. Although it may be hard after seeing his boss's daughter...
The Bastard Billionaire (Billionaire Bad Boys #3) By: Jessica Lemmon
Thanks again to Indigo for this copy! I feel like I've seen this book or at least the first two out somewhere on social media, because it looks very similar. 

Eli Crane is a tough bastard. After being discharged from the Marines and injured, all he wants is to be left alone. But his brothers insist he take a greater role in the family business. In walks Isabella Sawyer, who can't afford to lose the Crane's business.
A Million Miles Away By: Lara Avery
I recently got Lara Avery's other book The Memory Book but I didn't know she had others out! I honestly was walking down the YA section and the brightly pink spine just popped out at me! I was so intrigued, I had to get it! 

Kelsey's identical twin sister Michelle dies in a car crash, she's left without her other half. The only other person who doesn't know about the crash is Michelle's boyfriend Peter whose deployed in Afghanistan. But when they connect online, she can't bear to tell him the truth...Could she be falling for him?
Until We Meet Again By: Renee Collins
This was another cover buy totally, but I'm super excited to check it out! Something about this seems to feel like summer and maybe Grease as well? 

The last thing Cassandra wants to do is spend her summer before senior year around snooty Massachusetts town. But when a dreamy stranger shows up, claiming that it's 1925, she is swept away a hundred years in the making.
The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things By: Ann Aguirre
I've seen this book literally everywhere on social media, and I've been wanting to get a copy of it myself! So many things about this title and cover are just screaming at me to read!

Sage is really trying to be perfect. If she can do it, people won't peer beyond the surface or ask questions about her past. She's substituted causes for relationships, until Shane Cavendish appears in her math class.
Autofocus By: Lauren Gibaldi
I had requested to read this book before it was out, but never got it, although that clearly didn't stop me from getting a copy! I was hanging out with @floralsndragons over the weekend, and ended up sngging a SIGNED copy of this book!

Maude is given a senior photography assignment to create a portfolio that shows the meaning of family. However, since she doesn't know what happened to her birth mother passing when she was born, she sets out to figure it all out, with her best friend Treena whose in College. However Treena isn't as she was in high school...
Kiss Cam By: Kiara London
This was another book that I really wanted to get, from seeing it on Instagram and I was so excited that they already had the paperback out on sale!

Juniper, Jasper, and Lenny have been friends forever and co-own a vlog channel. Their fans are huge "Shippers" who believe that Juniper and Jasper are perfect together, despite the warnings from friends and family. But when a truth-or-dare inspired kiss happens, her life begins to enter a whole new world.
My True Love Gave To Me By: Stephanie Perkins, Holly Black, Ally Carter, Jenny Han, Etc.
Okay, although I've heard so many different reviews on this book, I really wanted to get a copy for myself, because I wanted to read it, and it is the perfect time for the holidays.

This is a collected group of stories that are inspired by holiday shows, movies, sitcoms and so much more!
Dog Man (Dog Man #1) By: Dav Pilkey
I received this book from Scholastic Canada as well (Thank you!) and I just happened to notice that it looks like it's a signed copy too which is crazy! My brother more than I, was a huge fan of the Captain Underpants series, so it's pretty cool to see new work coming out!

George and Harold have created a new hero dog who digs into deception, claws after crooks, and rolls over robbers. When Greg is injured on the job, a life-saving surgery changes the course of history, and Dog Man is born. 
The Gathering (Shadow House #1) By: Dan Poblocki
I received this also from Scholastic, and I'm not going to lie, I was a little surprised to see this cover, as it's kind of scary! I will definitely have to add this to my Halloween Reads!

Dash, Dylan, Poppy, Marcus, and Azumi don't know that some houses are more than haunted, they're hungry. They have been summoned to Shadow House for innocent reasons...so they think. But there's nothing innocent about Shadow House.





And here we are yet again with this finale of another Book Haul! I'm really hoping that I can put a limit on myself for December, because let's be honest...I'm going to need another Bookshelf, and I literally have ZERO room for it!! So let me know which books I should be reading ASAP and I'll get on it!

So until the next time, Keep Reading!
Your Graduated Bookworm!! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top