Friday, December 30, 2016

December Book Haul!!

Alright, so I totally thought that I was going to be on some awesome book buying ban, and my amount of books would be low...well at least I can say that they were lower than the last three months, although still too many! I don't put E-books on here that I receive, although maybe I should start? Let me know what you think!





Scrappy Little Nobody By: Anna Kendrick
I've been wanting to get this book ever since I saw it was being released back in the Indigo Holiday Preview! I was so excited to receive it this year for Christmas, and I really hope that I can get to it!!

This is a collection of humorous autobiographical essays all about her life before, during and maybe for the future as well!
Confessions of a High School Disaster: Chloe Snow's Diary By: Emma Chastain
Thank you so much to the people from Simon Schuster Canada for sending me a copy to review! I'm super excited to read this!! It also totally looks like a diary on the cover...

This is similar to Bridget Jones's Diary with a lovably flawed student as she chronicles her life through highs and lows of school, family and love.

The Jersey Brothers By: Sally Mott Freeman
Another Book I received from Simon and Schuster Canada, and I'm definitely interested!

This is a real-life adventure of three brothers at the center of the most dramatic turning points of World War II, and their race to change history! Three brothers who are all working hard to get back to one another, as they try to fight during the war.




Fighting to Be Free and Worth Fighting For (Fighting to Be Free #1-2) By: Kirsty Moseley
So I totally saw the cover of book two on Instagram, and the amazing people over at Forever Romance sent it to me, right after I bought book one! Seriously, I'm always up for new stories that have a little history with it!

Jaime Cole has just been released from juvy. Determined to go straight, he tried to cut ties with crime boss Brett Reye, although he's not ready to let Jaime go... but when fate goes wrong, Ellie Pearce (whose not looking for anything serious) and Jaime begin to get tangled in a mess, while trying to keep secrets at bay.



The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo By: Amy Schumer
Another book I've been wanting to get for a while now! Honestly, I've never been one who really read books by celebrities, or their bio's but I've been getting more interested in a lot lately!

Amy mines her past for stories about her teens, family, relationships and sex to share it all as who she has become. Of course while making us laugh in the process! I picked this up during Boxing day, and I was so excited when I found it!


Completely Yours (Opposites Attract #1) By: Erin Nicholas
Thanks to the awesome people at Forever Romance for sending me a copy of this to review as well! So excited, and I mean who doesn't love a little romance??

Kiera Connelly leads a quiet life, and that's how she likes it. So when her friends get her out of the house, her nights turns into a disaster! And of course face to face with a real-life hero...although Zach Ashley doesn't think of his EMT job as being a hero.
Impostor (Variants #1) By: Susanne Winnacker
I found a copy of this in the bargain section, and I kind of was really intrigued with how the cover looks! 

Tessa is a variant. Able to absorb the DNA of anyone she touches and mimic their appearance. Shunned by her family, she's spent the last two years training with the forces with Extraordinary Abilities...so when a serial killer rocks the town, she's given a mission. Impersonate a local teen before the killer strikes again.
My Best Friend, Maybe By: Caela Carter
I also found this in the bargain section, and it kind of reminded me of the summer time, and just overall a good read!

Colette has been bored and lonely ever since her friend Sadie, dumped her the summer before they started high school. So trying to be perfect for everyone left in her life, she becomes restless...When Sadie asks Colette to join her family to the Greek Islands, she takes the chance.
Salt & Storm (Salt & Storm #1) By: Kendall Kulper
I was told by another bookstagrammer that this book was actually pretty good! I didn't know it was part of a series, but when I found it on sale, I couldn't pass it up!

Avery Roe wants to claim her birthright as the witch of Prince Island and to make the charms that have kept the sailors safe at sea for generations, although she's held prisoner by her mother. So when she escapes, she is always looking over her shoulder, wondering who was going to be right behind her...
Too Late By: Colleen Hoover
Of course you all know how much I've enjoyed reading Colleen Hoover, although I haven't read ALL of her books yet. I was told that this one is a lot different that her other books and is a lot darker! But I mean it's Coho, so really, I'd get anything!

Sloan will go through hell and back for her little brother, and she does every night. Forced to remain in a relationship, she will do whatever it takes to make sure her brother gets what he needs...except for Carter.
Be Safe I Love You By: Cara Hoffman
I found this book as well in the bargain section, and the title really captured my eyes to the book! I mean the bargain price was a bonus really...

Lauren Clas has returned from a tour in Iraq just in time to spend the holidays with her family. Before she enlisted, her brother Danny was the one her helped her escape her imaginations. So when she comes back, it's clear that something is not right...
Saving Hamlet By: Molly Booth
I received a copy of this by an amazing woman over at +Indigo | Chapters and I cannot thank you enough! SO excited to read this book!

Emma Allen is so excited to start her sophomore year. Being behind the scenes of her school play, she's also crushing on the director Brandon. So one night, Emma stays behind to think through her latest crisis when she falls through a trap door and lands right into London 1601, where everyone thinks she's a boy...
Nothing Less (Landon Gibson #2) By: Anna Todd
So I haven't read this new series, nor have I read the After series, although I do own them all! I've heard that apparently the main POV character is quite "the character" if you know what I mean!

Since this is book 2, I won't spoil the synopsis for anyone. 
Riding the Night (Wild Riders #5) By: Jaci Burton
So I believe this can be read as a sandalone, although it is part of a series. My bestie, @floralsndragons had seen it, and we both decided to grab a copy to buddy read together (hopefully soon!)

Aj and Pax are undercover OP's of a biker group called Wild Riders. so while Aj is visiting Teresa, a high school sweetheart, a fight erupts in the bar. One man is dead, and Teresa's brother is wrongly accused... 
Wicked Heart (Starcrossed #3) By: Leisa Rayven
So I've been waiting for this book to come out, although I haven't read the beginning of this series either! Every cover in the series, is honestly so gorgeous!!

Since this is book three, I won't spoil it for anyone! 
Love and Other Things I'm Bad At (Courtney Von Dragen Smith #3) By: Catherine Clark
I actually found a copy of this at the Dollar Store! I KNOW RIGHT?! I find it crazy to be able to find a book hidden in the depths of the dollarama near town, and yet still sound entertaining!

Just when Courtney finds the best boyfriend ever, she has to leave him to go to college. Now that she's three states away, she's so unsure of her relationship, there also happens to be a cute guy at work that she can't stop thinking about... 
The Alchemy of Forever (Incarnation #1) By: Avery Williams
Okay, so I actually bought book 1 a long time ago (way before my blog) and I loved this story, but not the cover...So when I saw that there was a book 2 in the series, AND they changed the cover, I was dying to get my hands on the new edition of book one! So when it went on sale, I seriously couldn't pass it up, and I'll have to reread the story for book two now!

The immprtal Serephina is able to live forever by taking the lives of any human body, causing them death so she can survive. But with Cyrus, her boyfriend thought that this was a way to rule people, she ran away, and has been living well on her own...until she shows up again.


Article Three (Systemet #1) By: Anna Jakobsson Lund
Thank you so much to the author for sending me a copy to review!! So excited to read this!

In a world where the system governs everything, Ava's a rebel-one who can control other people's thoughts with her mind. As part of the resistance, this becomes a useful skill. Levi stopped believing int he struggle for freedom when it took his parents away. So when the two become tangled in their story, what could come about the two? 
Sharing You (Sharing You #1) By: Molly McAdams
Of course, I'm sure you all know that I've been slowly collecting books by Molly McAdams for a while, but still have yet to read her books! It honestly drives me crazy at how many books I own but haven't read!

Kamryn has left all she's ever known and moved to a small town where no one knows her. Month's after opening her own bakery, and avoiding the set up dates from her best friend, she meets Brody...a man whose had a rough marriage, that's still not over.
Make My Wish Come True By: Fiona Harper
Another Bargain find that I was just so in the mood to get! Of course with the holidays, many people (I think) want to get a book that's relating to the season!

Juliet is trying to keep it together at another Christmas dinner, even though her marriage broke apart two years ago. Gemma has always been the favourite daughter, so when she leaves Christmas in her sister's hands, she has her festiveness somewhere warm. Will things begin cracking for the two, or will someone help along the way?





That's all for my Book Haul for December! I hope you liked it, and if there's anything you want me to review ASAP, leave a comment below!! I hope you all have had a wonderful 2016 and can't wait for the New Year's Book Haul!!

So until the next time, Keep Reading!
Your Graduated Bookworm!! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top